Monday 10 March 2008

My First Paying Gig!!

Hi Folks

Finally it happened (with a bit of good fortune) I was booked to DJ a masonic do Friday and Saturday night and they needed a piano because the hotel didn't have one!

I offered the use of mine and also offered to play background for them during the meals and the event organizer agreed....yippeee!!!

For those that can't be bothered going back and reading how this journey of mine started out...

Heres what I said in my first paragraph

"I am writing this journal in the hope that it inspires those who are later on in life (or come to think of it? at any age for that matter!) and still hold the dream that someday they can just sit right down at a piano and play for themselves, for friends or maybe one day for ££££'s!! (or $$$$'s for y'all over there)"

...and heres what I said when I joined pianomagic on Oct 1st 2003!!

Posted - Oct 01 2003 : 09:54:12 AM
I am a new member who is (I get the feeling) going to need some help. My story - I played the piano and started at 9 0r 10 and played until I was about 12 or 13. I was told many times not to give up and that I would regret it. I knew I would, but, I just got bored of practise.

I was always frustrated as a young child that I couldn't play by ear and never really realised it could be taught. I always thought you either could or couldn't! I have always regretted giving up the piano, as I love entertaining people. I DJ in my spare time which only semi-satisfies me, I love the buzz you get from the applause, but, I am only playing other peoples work.

My little boy who is 5 years old has started piano lessons in the last 6 months and to be honest it has given me renewed vigour to get back in front of the keyboard.This time there are no excuses I am going to do it!!


...Well Mike and all at pianomagic and all my friends at pianoworld...


I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and here's a video that I recorded on my camera phone...it really needs editing but, I kind of like it as it is (makes it more real IMHO)

Because my disco rig is playing background music too I mixed in my live playing in between Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble and Ella etc

This fortunately gave me the opportunities to run through a song once before I played it out LIVE!!

As I say because of the background music the first run through that you'll see is just a practise that only you and I can hear...then at 3:43 I fade the music out over to my side and play it LIVE!!



Let me know what you think of this rather cool little keyboard


take care


Lee




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.