Monday 26 March 2007

Early struggles

It is well documented that I was like the most hopeless "play piano by ear musician in the world ever!" when I started...man I couldn't tell whether melody went up or down?, couldn't hear chord changes!, couldn't get my two hands going together!!...basically, if there was a question that needing asking I would ask it.

Here is an example of one of my typical posts back in the early days of my journey at pianomagic :-


Posted - Oct 16 2003 : 06:10:23 AM

Hi Mike and the rest of the regulars on here, I thought I would just share with everyone a few of the things that I am finding the trickiest...purely for discussion of course


1. Finding that first note of the melody of a song ...although I am starting to make headway on this! :)

2. Deciding whether the melody goes up or down ....this is the one I am having the most trouble with .......it is something that I have to really really think about and it is not yet on auto pilot ...so to speak

3. When the same note is played a couple or more times in a row it stumps me every time ....until I have played the song over and over!

4. With the song "King of the Road" which I can now play IN MY SLEEP, I am finding myself wanting to play with more fingers and when I do it sounds more fluid.............am I pushing things too fast?

Thats it for now, I am sure there will be many more along the way

regards

Lee


There are hundreds and hundreds of similar struggles I won't bore y'all to death with 'em though

Just for my mate sid at pianoworld (who is looking forward to a daily dose of Seaside - he's a loonie BTW...LOL)

Here is my 2nd recital hall piece (yes still early days this was posted up on the 4th July 2004)

http://www.box.net/shared/2bmtivb6qv


I was proud of it back then...plenty of room for improvement though ;)


regards


Lee

No comments: